Monday, August 10, 2009

Where we are...

I've been sitting here today thinking about where this country has gone just in the last 6 months. It is an amazing feat I must say. There were some very positive things that seemed to be possible, but it all crashed down fairly fast. As it stands we have:

1. The first African-American President who is on a continual path to destroying the hope of any other black man/woman of being elected to that office in my lifetime.
2. He has achieved falling in the #3 slot on my top 5 worst Presidents ever. Yes, Woodrow Wilson and Ulysses S. Grant come before him.
3. We are about to embark upon the largest program of fascist nature in American history.
4. A federal deficit that once the healthcare bill is put into place, will reach not only a record, but an astronomical $21.5 Trillion.
5. We are close to another Great Depression.
6. We're now losing the war in Afghanistan.
7. Legislators that actually believe we don't know what we're talking about and want to rush through legislation even when 75% of us don't want it.
8. Proposals to amend the Constitution to include a right to healthcare.
9. States tossing around the idea of succession.
10. The closest we have ever come to an outright Revolution since the days of The War Between the States.

Where do you sit in all of this?

1 comment:

  1. A constitutional convention could backfire if the Dems push for that. Once open, there is no limit to what could be proposed.

    I am in a wait and see mode. Doing what I can, until 2010. Even if the "Obama care" passes, it won't take effect until 2013, so if conservatives can regain control of Congress in 2010, we might be able to reverse it. I hope.

    All I can say is I won't live to see the worst of it.

    ReplyDelete