Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Unemployment, Education, and that twit Obama

I was driving in this morning, only to hear that the state of Georgia has now hit a record 10.1% unemployment rate. The reason it is the highest on record for this state, is because we are a state of construction and manufacturing. Both have come to a complete halt. Well, this isn't very comforting for a guy who is 4 classes away from finishing his Construction Management degree. Although, I've been working in this industry for quite some time and don't need the degree, but I had high hopes when I first started pursuing it almost 12 years ago. Yes, I've been attending college for 12 years after a run in the military. Oh well, at least I have a good job already.

Then, I hear that 2 year schools have astronomical registrations since the decline in the economy. Looks like everyone is finding another career after realizing theirs isn't fairing too well. I hear that nursing is the way to go these days. I'm sure that a bankruptcy attorney would be a good job right now too.

Lastly, I pulled up Drudge Report this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that a military soldier who was issued orders to Afghanistan had refused to go, because he didn't feel he needed to take orders from a man who can't prove he's an American Citizen and qualified to be President of the United States. Well, the funny news is, he won the case!!! He actually had his orders revoked, because the military couldn't provide proof that Obama is an American Citizen. How funny is THAT???

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? He won? I hadn't heard that, and I'm very surprised. Kewl!!

    Did ya check out the new tax proposal on the evil rich? Varying rates on $1,000,000 and $500,000, even $350,000. All to pay for health care. Yep, I can see more layoffs coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I came over here from Auntie Em (love her - know her - her and I are on the same page politically it is scary!) I read through your blog and I am going to visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scrappy!!! I didn't realize you were here. Glad to have you. I post on occasion, meaning rarely, but when I do it will be fired up I promise.

    ReplyDelete